[Sca-cooks] Ruzzige cakes

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 10 05:15:55 PDT 2001

> I used a crepe recipe from "The Joy of Cooking" to
> make the "leaf of egg."

Hey, Liadan ;-)

Although you've been discussing this on our camping
List, perhaps this bears sharing here. In Sabina's
works, under the heading of "An Easter Lamb", she
describes making a thin omelet, in this case used as a
decoration for the lamb, but very possibly usable for
this purpose, and certainly much more period than "Joy
of Cooking". Why don't you check it out, see if it
will suit your purposes- it's even from the location,
and roughly the period you're working from for your
feast.

Looking forward to the Pennsic testing,

Phlip