[Sca-cooks] Ideas on Period Cold and Chilled Foods

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Tue Jul 10 09:30:30 PDT 2001

I have a number of recipes, some from ca. 14th century, and some from very late period.  All are English/Norman in origin. I redacted all of the early period recipes, but the late period ones are from the two books indicated and were redacted by the authors.  I hope you find these helpful!

Kiri

BareToad at aol.com wrote:

> Greetings All!
>
> I am in the process of putting my handout together for Wintermist's next Culinary Guild "Period Cold and Chilled Foods" and I just wanted to take this moment to pick everyone's brains...I have visited the Florilegium and garnered what I could there, along with several other sites like Cariadoc's.  I am now really curious about the dishes that the individuals on this list have done for feasts, etc.  Our Culinary Guild has a lot of people who are beginners, and I am hopping that along with some good ideas or recipes, that there will be some input (period salads anyone?)  Thanks in advance for any and all help;-)
>
> THL Mairin
> Wintermist, CAID
[ Cold and Chilled Foods.doc of type application/msword deleted ]