[Sca-cooks] Ideas on Period Cold and Chilled Foods

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Jul 9 19:53:02 PDT 2001

THL Mairin asked:
> I am in the process of putting my handout together for Wintermist's next Cu=
> linary Guild "Period Cold and Chilled Foods" and I just wanted to take this=
>  moment to pick everyone's brains...I have visited the Florilegium and garn=
> ered what I could there, along with several other sites like Cariadoc's.  I=
>  am now really curious about the dishes that the individuals on this list h=
> ave done for feasts, etc.  Our Culinary Guild has a lot of people who are b=
> eginners, and I am hopping that along with some good ideas or recipes, that=
>  there will be some input (period salads anyone?)  Thanks in advance for an=
> y and all help;-)

You mentioned that you had already checked the Florilegium, so my appologies
if you have already read these files:
In the FOOD section:
salads-msg       (132K)  9/25/00    Period salads. lettuce, greens.

And this new one in the FEASTS section:
hot-weth-fsts-msg  (4K)  6/21/01    Ideas and menus for hot weather feasts.

Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net