[Sca-cooks] Massively expensive feast WAS: SmithsonianStuff

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Jul 11 06:23:40 PDT 2001

Angie Malone wrote:

> At 12:35 PM 7/9/2001 -0400, you wrote:
> >I believe I have a more or less standard (although obviously pretty
> >durned comprehensive) Chinese cookbook which contains a recipe for camel
> >hump, which I suspect is, in this case, a cured or dried product. Will
> >check.
> >
> >Adamantius
> >--
> >Phil & Susan Troy
> >
> >troy at asan.com
> >

> I am curious what is the title/author of this chinese cookbook it sounds
> really neat that it talks about camel humps!
>
>          Angeline

_The Complete Chinese Cookbook_ by Jacki Passmore and Daniel P. Reid,
originally published in 1982 by Lansdowne Press, U.S. edition Dorset
Press, NY (1990?) ISBN 0 88029 515 5

Red-cooked camel pads, too, in addition to deep-fried, boiled camel hump.

Adamantius, fresh out of camel hump
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com