[Sca-cooks] Creme Brulee

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Wed Jul 11 11:29:09 PDT 2001

Oh, my dear Stefan.  You are missing one of the great joys of life.  Creme
Brulee, at least as far as the modern version is concerned, is a rich
vanilla-type pudding baked/steamed usually in an individual dish, then brown
sugar is sprinkled over the top and is then melted with a torch, usually one of
those fun-type little acetylene torches you find in Williams Sonoma, among other
places.  Often fresh fruit will then be scattered on the top.  I think the best
I've ever eaten was at Ruth's Chris Steak House...though my budget was amongst
the things that got severely burned!  Delicious food...premium prices!

Kiri