[Sca-cooks] Re: Dutch oven question

micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Wed Jul 11 13:43:33 PDT 2001

> I do know that a lady from our Barony cooked an entire meal for our
encampment a
> couple of years ago.  She did everything from stews to breads to
dessert (a
> wonderful apple cobbler) in these dutch ovens...footed, putting coals
on the
> lids just as you all have been describing.

I have done everything from roast chicken and stuffing to breads and
cakes in my 2. I do have a formula somewhere that you figure to get the
proper temperature inside the pot (baking can be tricky), whereby you
put x amount of coals under the pot and x amount of coals on the top. if
I find it, Ill post it.

Micaylah