[Sca-cooks] More on Creme Brulee

Nicolas Steenhout vavroom at bmee.net
Wed Jul 11 15:28:23 PDT 2001

Ruadh,

Thank you for the URL's.

I must be daft, or extrmely sheltered...  Most of these sites actually use
cream in their Brulee, brown sugar as a crust, and no starch at all for
thickening.  I can honestly say that in 15 years of cooking professionally,
including in some fairly "high range" places, I've never come accross it
prepared that way.

I have ordered it a couple times and found it entirely too liquid, come to
think of it, it was likely prepared this way.

Perhaps just a question of how one is used to it.  Dunno.  <shrug>  I'll
stick to what I know in this case (which is not to say I won't try new
stuff :-} )

At 01:00 PM 7/11/01 -0400, you wrote:
>http://www.coffeetoyourdoor.com/flavored_coffee/#6
>http://www.cremebrulee.com/
>http://dessertrecipe.com/AZ/CrmBrl.asp my fave
>http://www.patisamerica.com/siebin/  pictures
>http://www.bitestl.com/recipes/chocolat.html  well. you can add chocolate
>to most anything.
>http://www.globalgourmet.com/food/recipes/crembrul.html  ok, White Choco
>perferrrrrr'd
>http://www.sirius.com/~evanc/brulee.html  another cooking website, beware !
>http://www.travelguides.com/bandb/recipes/data/bk648.html  and the place is
>local too ! but use Maple instead of corn sugars.

Muiredach mac Loloig
Rokkehealden Shire
aka
Nicolas Steenhout