[Sca-cooks] Pennsic Iron Chef.

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 12 08:32:26 PDT 2001

Oh, well, if you don't have a major network's budget funding your pantry, you really need
to know the theme in advance so you can buy just the groceries you actually need.  I know
my barony isn't going to buy truffles and caviar just in case somebody happens to want
some.  Our is, again for you west coasters, on 8/25 in Santa Clarita, northern part of Los
Angeles County, conveniently close to that I-5 artery.  Not that I'd hint.

> > Gunthar
> >
> > (P.S. I've just been selected as an "Iron Chef" contestant
> > at Pennsic. It's on a slightly different format than the
> > show. The chefs are notified of their theme ingredient at
> > the beginning of the week and then present up to 4 dishes
> > to be sampled by 25 tasters and graded. At the end of the
> > week, the top average score wins. It should be interesting.)

Interesting variation, this opens it up to more potential contestants, and the same 4
tasters don't get mortally tired of the theme ingredient -- how much
saffron/salmon/whatever can you stand?  But is Papa Gunther the "home team" Iron Chef,
does he get to wear a spiffy satin chef costume?

Chairman Selene [where's that rock?]
selene at earthlink.net