Treats for Diabetics was Re: [Sca-cooks] Creme Brulee

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 12 09:32:04 PDT 2001

> Stefan, didn't you tell me you're diabetic?  Watch out for Creme Brulee and
> flan. Make allowances for the sugar/fat.  As much as I love flan, I eat it
> seldom.  It hits my blood quicker than alcohol.  Liadan

Upon Stefan's advice, I purchased the Atkins' syrups for the snow cones last
weekend.  They were a big hit, and you have the sincere thanks of several
cooled-down diabetics from way out west here.  What was available were Strawberry
and Vanilla flavors, which people really liked.  Vanilla Ice?  Well, they yummed it
up.

Anyway:  my thought was for you to try making up a simple custard with artificial
sweetener of your choice [or maybe none?] and serve it with a sprinkling of the
aforementioned syrups.  Just a thought.

This is not to be interpreted as medical advice, count your carbs, follow your
doctor's advice, etc. etc. covering my bumroll disclaimer stuff here.

Selene