[Sca-cooks] Pennsic Gunthar Commentary

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Fri Jul 13 09:46:22 PDT 2001

Michael Gunter wrote:

> Okay. Some answers here.
>
> I wear purple because my heraldry is purple
> and I don't sew. So people assume that I
> love purple and make me purple stuff. Although
> that has lately changed and about the only
> purple outfits I have now are surcotes.

A likely story. Try another one, Barney ;-)

> I was at the Pennsic pot-luck last year. I
> didn't have time to make a dish but I did
> attend and had a wonderful time sampling the
> food and talking old war stories with Cariadoc
> and Elizabeth.
>
> I did miss the wonderful dinner promised me
> at the Orluk encampment because I couldn't
> find it.

I remember your report on both. Sounded like a fun potluck. Wish I could
be there this year.

> I did wear white while serving the Chili.
> I did bow to the Eastern procession and was
> noticed by the King while I was covered in
> chili cooking goop.

I once got a GoA wearing a apron covered in pork goo (I was cooking Her
Royal Highness' dinner)

> I am not a cuddly teddy bear!

Are too!

> I'm not as old, grey or tall as people envision me.

"Oh he's a young thing, and cannot leave his mutherrr..."

> I do have an extreme fondness for cats, dogs, and ferrets.

Cats are cool. The others are nice pets for other people.

In a weird mood,
'Lainie