[Sca-cooks] Re: Treats for diabetics

margali margali at 99main.com
Fri Jul 13 10:55:40 PDT 2001

;-) well, us diabetics can't do it that way ;-)

Honestly, when I go camping or just around the house I often make
crystal lite [for some reason I have been craving pink
grapefruit] at quarter strength. I also make a very light
cranberry juice cocktail from knudsen brand 100% pure
unadulterated cranberry squeezings [VERY tart adn undrinkable
plain and at strength, and this comes from somebody who eats
lemons like miniature oranges ;-)]

I have only really gotten in the habit of using the flavor syrups
in water or coffee [the hazlnut combined with vanilla in coffee
made with a bit of cinnamon in the basket is what I am drinking
at this actual time] as the syrups I had bought were davinci and
a bit more expensive and hard to find. the naturesflavors is less
expensiv, and the shipping is really quite quick.
margali
are you on the sca low carb list? it is really low volume right
now
~~~~~
I'm doing the low carb thang myself, and I just tip a little
cider vinegar
in my water if I want some flavor.  Of course, I can usually
postpone my
craving for sweets to my dinner hour, and have a moderate amount
of actual,
no-foolin' sugar.  (Thank goodness for the Heller plan!)

Vicente
(Lost 50 lbs last year, and it hasn't come back.)