[Sca-cooks] victoria

grizly at mindspring.com grizly at mindspring.com
Fri Jul 13 12:31:26 PDT 2001

<<<SNIP>>> then encase in thick layering of sugary Chocolate enhancements [ and to some excess]. Ship it over to the Yanks, who will rename it as Boston Cream Pie. No longer a cake or sandwich, but now "pie" ? Oh, my.  Ru >>>

<Thank you, Ru! This actually makes the Victoria cake thread comments
come into focus for me. I've had Boston Cream Pie.

Stefan li Rous>

Then I guess Little Debbie Stawberry Shortcake, Swiss Cake Rolls, and the various filled cakey things must drive you Brit's absolutely bat sh*t.  Talk about Cultural Imperialism . . . not since the Croisan'wich have we taken it to such heights.  (Well, so the Little Debbies were first. Sue me.)

niccolo difrancesco