[Sca-cooks] "Honey gilded" chicken.

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 13 12:53:19 PDT 2001

Well, 'Lainie, it has consistantly been over 90F here
this week and last week consistantly over 100F.  In
fact, last week Death Valley was a mere 126F and Palm
Springs a balmy 118F. I was going to chide Angus for
cringing at a wonderfully cool 86F, but then I thought
of all the places that have minus degree weather in
the winter, and how I start to shiver in 20F weather
and have to remember where I stored that warm coat
that I only get to use once or twice a year.  But I
have decided not to chide him.  Instead I say, "To
each his own."

Huette

--- "Laura C. Minnick" <lcm at efn.org> wrote:

> Angus wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
> > >I think it has something to do with being Swedish
> > >by birth -- those long winters can give one a
> grumpy
> > >streak.  ;)
>
> > I'd say it's these long hot summers that make us
> grumpy.  Oh, how I hate these days with up to
> 30C/86F. *cringe*  At least the days get shorter and
> shorter now.
> > Just remember that inside all of us there's a
> Cuddly Viking (TM) trying to fight its way out.
> > /Angus the fuzzy Viking.
>
> Don't start the weather wars, Angus- there's too
> many of us who can beat
> you with one thermometer tied behind our backs!
> Especially the
> Ansteorrans and Aten crowd. Even in An Tir- James
> reported Tuesday night
> that it was still 81F at 11:30 pm. Basement or teh
> bathtub, I say...
>
> 'Lainie
> who has a bottle of orange bubble bath... :-)

=====
shall never cease to be amused.