[Sca-cooks] Hot or Cold? "Honey gilded" chicken.

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Fri Jul 13 13:56:13 PDT 2001

Huette von Ahrens wrote:

> Well, 'Lainie, it has consistantly been over 90F here
> this week and last week consistantly over 100F.  In
> fact, last week Death Valley was a mere 126F and Palm
> Springs a balmy 118F. I was going to chide Angus for
> cringing at a wonderfully cool 86F, but then I thought
> of all the places that have minus degree weather in
> the winter, and how I start to shiver in 20F weather
> and have to remember where I stored that warm coat
> that I only get to use once or twice a year.  But I
> have decided not to chide him.  Instead I say, "To
> each his own."

I'd rather be cold than hot any day- after all, you can always turn up
the heat or put on more clothes os drink cocoa when it's cold out, but
there's only so many clothes you can pull off when it's hot- and then
you're stuck in the house 'cause you be arrested on the street... ;-P

We get both hot and cold here in Oregon. I really prefer the spring or
fall, when it's in the 50s in the daytime and a little nippy at night.
If only there weren't so much pollen...

Obligatory food content: is it my imagination, or do we eat less when
the weather is hot?

'Lainie