[Sca-cooks] Hot or Cold? "Honey gilded" chicken.

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Sun Jul 15 16:22:11 PDT 2001

In a message dated 7/13/2001 4:52:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time, lcm at efn.org
writes:

> Obligatory food content: is it my imagination, or do we eat less when
> the weather is hot?

I usually do.  And I had a male friend in college who, contrary to popular
stereotypes of college males, ate very little in the summer - like a handful
of potato chips and a slice of pizza in a whole day.  Made it very
interesting trying to get the hospital to release him after his appendectomy
in July, since they don't like to release you after abdominal surgery until
you are eating "normally"...His friends and family were finally able to
convince them that the amount he was eating was actually a little more than
his "normal" for that time of year.

Brangwayna Morgan