Treats for Diabetics was Re: [Sca-cooks] Creme Brulee

margali margali at 99main.com
Fri Jul 13 15:16:29 PDT 2001

I believe that davinci makes the atkins syrups, but you can go to
the atkins website and ask them ;-)

http://zerocarb.com/

they have some neat goodies as well - the meringue cookies aren't
bad, but watch out for the darrel lea chocolate [sweetened with
maltitol - if you overdo it it is better than ex-lax!]

margali
~~~~~
Ok, thanks to Margali, i've been exploring:
http://www.NaturesFlavors.com

Margali wrote:
>They have
>something like 35 different flavors of splenda sweetened syrups,
>and a similar line of sugar syrups for putting into coffee or
>over shaved ice.

Looking over the site i see that sucralose, which is in the
Atkins
Syrups, is the same as Splenda.

Are the Atkins syrups just repackaged Splenda syrups? Has anyone
tried both. I'd hate to order Splenda syrup only to discover it's
the
same thing...

Anahita