Treats for Diabetics was Re: [Sca-cooks] Creme Brulee

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 13 14:00:18 PDT 2001

I wrote:
>Hmmm. I bought two Atkins syrups (BTW i got them at a GNC -
>supposedly stands for General Nutrition Center), chocolate and
>raspberry. The ingredients look good:
>(SNIP)
>To say i was disappointed with the taste would be an understatement.
>(SNIP)
>Anyway, i was wondering, does Splenda taste similar? Cuz... if
>Splenda is better...

Ok, thanks to Margali, i've been exploring:
http://www.NaturesFlavors.com

Margali wrote:
>They have
>something like 35 different flavors of splenda sweetened syrups,
>and a similar line of sugar syrups for putting into coffee or
>over shaved ice.

Looking over the site i see that sucralose, which is in the Atkins
Syrups, is the same as Splenda.

Are the Atkins syrups just repackaged Splenda syrups? Has anyone
tried both. I'd hate to order Splenda syrup only to discover it's the
same thing...

Anahita