[Sca-cooks] RE: "Period" candlesticks and chandeliers

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Jul 14 00:21:53 PDT 2001

Ru replied to me with:
> corn cobs as wicks in sheep tallow work with a less smoke. Must be very dry
> [baked even] before inserting into tallow/wax.

Which "corn"? Are you speaking of American maize? Then corn cobs really
wouldn't have been available in medieval Europe. Interesting, though.

> Note to SheepStealer: if its big, fuzzy white, part of the herd, and barks
> in Italian - *Do Not* try  anything but leaving. He has enough problems
> getting those 'nervous sheep to sleep here in the highlands. Ru

Once again, my fingers weren't typing what my mind wanted to type. I
guess I've been on this list too long. My message was supposed to go
to the SCA-Arts list. Perhaps you got something from this though.

My appologies for this.

Stefan

<snip>
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net