[Sca-cooks] Gum Tragacanth Sources

Kirrily Robert skud at infotrope.net
Sun Jul 15 20:08:42 PDT 2001

Alys Katharine wrote:
>Greetings. If my old memory works right, it seems there was a
>discussion that gum tragacanth wasn't "findable" in the US anymore.
>Master Aiden, from my local group, found two sources for me right
>away and here they are for you.

In Brears' "All the King's Cooks" (or was it Spurling's "Elinor
Fettiplace's Receipt Book"?  One or the other...) it is suggested that
gum tragacanth is used by pharmacists, presumably as a binding agent for
some kind of medicines.  It might be possible to get it from a friendly
local pharmacist if you only want small quantities, though I haven't
tried it.

Yours,

Katherine

--
Lady Katherine Robillard  (mka Kirrily "Skud" Robert)
katherine at infotrope.net  http://infotrope.net/sca/