[Sca-cooks] Measurement query for European members

Nanna Rognvaldardottir nanna at idunn.is
Mon Jul 16 02:26:34 PDT 2001

Stefan asked:

> So, what would you use instead? I think "cups" has a certain ring and
> familiarity to it. :-)

Sorry for not replying sooner, I was away for the weekend. I'm simply trying
to get people to use milliliters instead, I've felt for a long time that
deciliters were an unneccessary unit. For all practical purposes, you only
need liters and deciliters.

A cup in Iceland is a coffeecup and can be just about any size, so it is not
a good measuring unit. Since one of the reasons I avoid deciliters is that I
want to get rid of fractions, cups are out, I'm afraid.

Nanna