[Sca-cooks] Torta Sambuccea

a5foil a5foil at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jul 16 22:45:35 PDT 2001

I expect it has less to do with the pasteurization than it does the choice
of coagulant. Rennet isn't going to contribute any of the sour, acidic
flavors that vinegars and lemon juice contribute. I know what you mean about
that taste, though. We make fresh lemon cheese from time to time, and it can
have an off taste if the lemons are extra sour. But when the lemons are
right, it is refreshing and light, and doesn't have any more bite than a
good chevre.

Thomas Longshanks