[Sca-cooks] Torta Sambuccea

margali margali at 99main.com
Tue Jul 17 07:37:00 PDT 2001

Not always, I curdle milk regularly with rennet ;-)

I have been served the lemon cheese as a feast dish, and it
tasted like milk gone way bad. I didn;t know what it was until I
spit it out discreetly and asked the cook what happened [I was at
a prefeast test dinner] Until she told me how she had made it I
supposed it was either a cream cheese based item or a yoghurt
condensing that the yoghurt went wonky on [as homemade yoghurts
sometimes do.]
margali
~~~~~
The Quote Starts Here:
Quoth Brangwayna Morgan
I suppose that it tasting like it's gone bad is because curdled
milk is
generally considered to *have gone bad*.  I certainly never
expected to get
anything edible by pouring lemon juice into milk!  I was
skeptical to say the
least, but found the end result pleasing.