[Sca-cooks] Pennsic Bread Baking

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 17 09:48:10 PDT 2001

--- "Mark.S Harris" <mark.s.harris at motorola.com>
wrote:

> What runestone??? There is a "Runstone Hill". Been
> there. Walked up
> the #$%@! thing too many times. If there is a
> runestone, someone
> please tell me and the story behind it.

Oh, there's a runestone, alright, Stefan. It's just
that with the crowded camping conditions, it's usually
in someone's camp, and hard to see.

Looks like a normal gravestone, and has inscriptions
in both English and (I believe) Norse, saying
something about we've fought here for many years in
peace and friendship. Don't have the exact quote.
Anyway, Andrew MacRobb thinks that it was put up
during or shortly after Pennsic XII, right after the
last year battles were fought on the hill itself.

Phlip