[Sca-cooks] Pennsic Bread Baking

Ted Eisenstein Alban at socket.net
Tue Jul 17 09:46:18 PDT 2001

>> Someday, before I'm too old and decrepit to enjoy it, I want to go to
>> Pennsic. But only if I can take my bed!
>
>Why? Just how much time are you going to spend it in anyway? :-)
>There's so much else to do and see!
Because, for those of us with occasionally bad backs, if we don't take
a good bed, we won't be able to see all that else. . . I've done my share
of sleeping on the ground, and on cots - and I'll take my four-poster
canopied queen-sized Viking rope bed any day, even if it is a royal
pain in the tuchis to put up. <grin> (Big. Two futons. Sheets, and
blankets, and a coverlet. Good pillows. Lap of luxury - and I've never,
ever had so much as a minor twinge in my back at Pennsic, no matter
how badly I mistreat it there.)

>What runestone??? There is a "Runstone Hill". Been there. Walked up
>the #$%@! thing too many times. If there is a runestone, someone
>please tell me and the story behind it.
It was carved mostly by Lars Vilhlamson (whose name I always misspell),
now a Calontir triple peer, and proprietor of Please Touch pottery at the
top of the Street of Gold. I belive the runes say "Annual Enemies,
Eternal Friends", and something about the date it was put up, and who
did it. It is, indeed, on Runestone Hill, by (if memory serves) a flat spot
somewhere vaguely in the middle - and surrounded by lots of campers.

You could always ask him for better details, of course.

Alban