[Sca-cooks] Dutch Oven Question

Barbara Sall socha at epix.net
Tue Jul 17 11:45:45 PDT 2001

I know I am late with this, but it is a little hard to climb stair with a
cast on the leg.  Some of you may already know this, but one charcoal
briquette, when it gets to the white stage, gets to a temperature of 50
degrees.  Also check out www.reynoldswrap.com.  They have lots of
interesting packet cooking recipes as well as a pamphlet on outdoor cooking,
i.e. cooking with fire or charcoal.  I know aluminum foil is definitely not
period, but ham, candied yams and pineapple are definitely yummy cooked in
foil in hot wood coals.   Outdoor training for Girl Scouts definitely taught
me some neat things.
Kirsten of Blak Rose