[Sca-cooks] RE: [Sca-cooks]feast

Jane M & Bj Tremaine vikinglord at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jul 17 14:05:07 PDT 2001

This is the recipe for the pickled chicken that was served at a recent
banquett I went to.  I loved this chicken.

PICKLED PULLETS
The French Cook

After they are will dressed. cleave them in two, if they are small. break
their bone and set them a pickling with vinegar, salt, peper, chibol and
lemon peels: let them steep therein, till you have occasion to use them, and
then set them a draining, flowre them, and frie them in fresh seame or lard;
after they are fryed, stove them a very little with their pickle them serve
them with a short sauce.

Redaction by THL Gillian of Lynnhaven and Magnus Gra'hetta

3lbs chicken breasts (6half breasts)
Lemon peel form two lemon( 1 lemon for overnight pickling 2 lemon for 1/2
hour pickling)
3/4 cups white wine vinegar
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
4 green onions (chibol) approx. 1/2 cup
2 cups of flour
1/4 cup sesame oil
additional green onion and sesame seeds for garnish

Cut chicken into strips. (each breast in 1/2 then in 1/3 strips)  Marinade
in first 5 ingredients 3 hours maximum.
Drain off the pickling juice and reserve.  Roll the chicken pieces in flour
and fry in Indian sesame oil. Remove the chicken from the pan and add the
juice.  Simmer the juice to reduce by 1/2.  Garnish the chicken with chopped
green onions and sesame seeds.  Serve with the sauce on the side.  12
servings, 3 strips per person.

Jana