[Sca-cooks] Plum loco

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Tue Jul 17 14:31:27 PDT 2001

Selene the rosy-fingered asked:
> Plum vinegar [now there's a potential jalab!], plum brandy, plum vodka,
> I'm plumb tired out already and the tree hardly looks like I've been
> picking.  Any more ideas, period recipes or such?

There are some period recipes and a fair amount of info on period
plums in this file in the FOOD-FRUITS section of the
Florilegium. Most are marmalades and preserved fruit recipes.
fruits-msg       (125K)  6/ 1/01    Medieval fruits and fruit dishes.
Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-FRUITS/fruits-msg.html

There are also some in this file in the FOOD-SWEETS section:
marmalades-msg    (55K)  1/12/01    Period marmalades and fruit jellies
and jams
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/marmalades-msg.html

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net