[Sca-cooks] Treacle

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 18 06:57:58 PDT 2001

Lucrezia wrote:

Mmm, I have tins of Lyle   Tate's Treacle and Golden Syrup and
(real

Canadian) maple syrup sitting on my shelf. Grew up on Golden Syrup in NZ
(my

dad worked for a sugar refinery for 20 years so we got it free) and
still

love it. But I think maple syrup (esp. with bacon   pancakes for
breakfast)

is a taste sensation and definitely my favorite.

What kind of pancakes?  Sourdough pancakes are particularly wonderful,
and the sourness contrasts so nicely with the sweetness of the syrup.

My lord husband takes his with pure maple syrup; I use the sugar-free
stuff.

Brighid ni Chiarain

--- Robin Carroll-Mann

--- rcmann4 at earthlink.net