[Sca-cooks] Pennsic fantasies

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Wed Jul 18 08:37:58 PDT 2001

I know what you mean.  My first year in the SCA, I was going through a divorce
and was unemployed.  I could afford the entrance fee into Pennsic, and could
come up with somethng for food.  However, I couldn't afford the gas money to go
up there.  I had a big old Chevy van that I used to haul stuff to flea markets
and antique shows.  So I made an offer to my group (I'd heard people complaining
about all the stuff they needed to carry and lack of space) that I would haul
stuff up there if folks would help pay a share of my gas money.  Not one single
response!  I didn't get to go that year!

Kiri