[Sca-cooks] Pennsic food

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Wed Jul 18 09:12:54 PDT 2001

Just a thought, for what it's worth....what we're going to do (and we're
copying another household nearby) is put our stews, etc., into bags and use
one of those vacuum sealer machines to vacuum seal them.  Then we'll freeze
them.  When we get up there, all we should have to do is drop the bags into
boiling water...not only will we not have to do much cooking, we won't have a
lot in the way of pots to clean, either.  These machines can be purchased at
BJ's, I know, and they're not terribly expensive...and they come with a fairly
substantial amount of bags which come on a roll and can be cut to any size.

Kiri