[Sca-cooks] Pennsic Bread Baking

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Wed Jul 18 10:15:02 PDT 2001

Olwen said:
> And no, I havent' forgotten the folks who wanted cranberries.  I am bringing
> them to Pennsic.  So Stefan, are you coming for one week or two?

I will be there from the first Tuesday through the last Saturday and
will
camping with SPCA down near the lake (W10) next to the Orluk Oasis.
Meal times are generally a good time to stop by. :-)

> I shall even be making a fresh batch of candied peel.

Wonderful. It would be interesting to compare yours to what I've made
or what you get at the store.

> Any one want
> me to bring some marzipan??  I was down to my last 25 lbs or so, so when I
> went to Restaurant Depot the other day I bought another 14 lbs. of almond
> paste.  ...yes, the cooks guild thinks I'm nuts:-\

Yes, please. I'm not sure if I've had it before or not. 25 pounds?!!!

Is the price substantially cheaper at this Resturant Depot? All I've
seen are the little "sausage" tubes of the stuff and that seems
pretty expensive, so I haven't bought any yet.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net