[Sca-cooks] Pennsic food

grizly at mindspring.com grizly at mindspring.com
Wed Jul 18 12:41:14 PDT 2001

Can you send some details on how you canned you meats?  Did it require cold storage?  What containers were used?  What resource did you use for information on how to keep it safe?

I'm just fine in doing my own cook and frezze deals with a vacuum sealer, and am intrigued at several accounts I've heard of people canning meats for shelf storage.  Please share.

niccolo difrancseco

sca-cooks at ansteorra.org wrote:
>  pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com writes:

yes!  I canned my meats last year..and it worked wonderfully!  I plan on
canning "meals" this year...heat and serve!  (more time for classes!).  Then
the menfolk can feed themselves!

Etain