[Sca-cooks] Pennsic food

Diana L Skaggs upsxdls_osu at ionet.net
Fri Jul 20 04:55:43 PDT 2001

At 09:13 AM 7/19/01 -0400, Kiri wrote:

>I'm not sure it's still available, but Ball, the folks who make probably the
>vast majority of canning jars, etc., used to publish a "Blue Book" that
>contained information on how to can all sorts of things. See if you can
find a copy of the Ball Blue Book for
>complete instructions.

The "Blue Book" is still available, at least around here (Ansteorra). I saw
some at Walmart in their canning section.  Fruit and acidic vegetables are
ok to process in a boiling water bath, but low acid vegetables and
meats/poultry are recommended to be pressure canned only.

Liadan