[Sca-cooks] A redaction of Platina's Hemp Dish

Wed Jul 18 12:42:18 PDT 2001

While it is illegal to grow hemp in the U.S., sterile hempseed, hemp meal
and hemp oil are exempt from the 1937 Maijauna Tax and may be imported as
long as the THC is below specified levels.  Sterile hempseed runs between $5
and $10 per pound.

Of course, being legal doesn't necessarily protect one from harassment, as
some of the importers found out a few years ago.  However, I note the
importers are still in business and their products are still being offered
in the U.S.

Bear