[Sca-cooks] Pennsic food

upsxdls_osu at ionet.net upsxdls_osu at ionet.net
Wed Jul 18 13:29:58 PDT 2001

I have home canned meat, poultry, stocks and various vegetables with no
problems. I use a canning book, "Putting Food By" and pressure can according to
their instructions. I am an unabashed, self-declared worry wart over home
canned goods.  Although many have told me they home canned "grammaw's way," and
never made anyone sick, I usually won't touch the stuff.

Liadan
Pennsic camping with SPCA in W10, north of the lake (wherever that is, it's my
first Pennsic, too)

On Wed, 18 Jul 2001 15:41:14 -0400 you wrote:

> Can you send some details on how you canned you meats?  Did it require cold
storage?  What containers were used?  What resource did you use for information
on how to keep it safe?

> I'm just fine in doing my own cook and frezze deals with a vacuum sealer, and
am intrigued at several accounts I've heard of people canning meats for shelf
storage.  Please share.