[Sca-cooks] Pennsic food

Etain1263 at aol.com Etain1263 at aol.com
Wed Jul 18 20:36:55 PDT 2001

<< Can you send some details on how you canned you meats?  Did it require
cold storage?  What containers were used?  What resource did you use for
information on how to keep it safe?  >>

I can almost anything..but for Pennsic, I canned diced beef (chuck
roast)..and whole (bone in) chicken thighs.   I use a pressure canner and
glass jars with seals and rings.  I followed the directions that came with
the canner as to how much time at what pressure (mine has a gauge for the
pressure).  In fact..I had some left over and just used it last week in a
stew!

Etain