[Sca-cooks] Pennsic food

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 19 09:05:01 PDT 2001

> On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, Barbara Sall wrote:
>
> > Try using freezer bags.  At a Girl Scout outdoor
> cooking/camping training
> > session that is how we cooked breakfast.  We put
> eggs and stuff in freezer
> > bags and put them in a pot of boiling water.
> Everything came out fine.
> > Some were in for a few minutes and others were in
> for five minutes or
> > longer.  The bags held up just fine.
> > Kirsten of Blak Rose

Well, you folks can do whatever you wish to, of
course- as far as I'm concerned you can try to seal
and boil your meals in the plastic or paper bags which
come from the grocery store ;-)

OTOH, the seal-a-meal type are designed for this
usage, and quite frankly, it makes no sense to me to
try to save a few pennies on something which may or
may not work (and which, if it doesn't work, will ruin
your meal, quite possibly destroying your favorite
treat in the whole collection) when a little more
effort will almost certainly guarantee that your meal
will be properly packaged, and esily made edible.

The choice is yours.

Phlip