[Sca-cooks] period fried chicken?

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Jul 19 10:25:53 PDT 2001

Jane M & Bj Tremaine wrote:

> The receipe states fry them in fresh sesame or lard?  I think the sesame oil
> is an interpretation of this.
>
> But I'll ask Gill and find out for sure.

Ah. Okay, I think I get it now. I think it calls for fresh seyme (or
maybe it is spelled seame in this one), which is usually acknowledged to
refer to fat skimmed off the broth from boiling meat. Essentially,
clarified beef drippings, etc. Is this already in the Online Glossary?

I guess it could easily look like a typo for sesame if you're not
familiar with the term...

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy