[Sca-cooks] Re: Trifle (?OOP) was victoria

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Jul 19 18:03:06 PDT 2001

Druighad at aol.com wrote:

> I realize that Master A. So am I, but I have tried very hard to NOT allow
> that to get in the way of helping other people have a great end product. So
> if that means using a small amount of stabilizer, so be it. Everyone has
> their methods and mise en place, and  I am not about to say that your wrong
> and I'm right. I'm just saying that everyone has their own way of doing
> things.

Of course. I'm not really saying you're wrong, either. Hey, if I took no
issue with the instant version, how can I quibble over a little
cornstarch? Four ounces, though? That would be somewhat over a cup, I
think. Is that much really necessary to keep the thing from curdling?
I'm familiar with proportions like this for pastry cream, but I always
thought of trifle as being more delicate.

Adamantius, who has never made trifle in a commercial setting (wait,
maybe once)
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com