[Sca-cooks] Humoral (not humerous!) query

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Jul 20 04:40:20 PDT 2001

Christina Nevin wrote:

> Can anyone explain to me what 'humectation' is?
> MTIA,
> Lucrezia

Since humectants are chemicals added to various things ranging from
foods to tobacco to soap, to keep them moist, I would suspect the "hume"
in "humectation" is the same as the "hume" in "humid" and in "humidor",
and deduce that humectation has a gently moistening effect.

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com