[Sca-cooks] period cheeses

Decker, Margaret margaret at Health.State.OK.US
Fri Jul 20 10:49:40 PDT 2001

I begin with a question.

All the cheeses at the feasts I've been to were store-bought and as a
cheese-lover, I'd like to learn to make fresh, additive-free cheese
myself. It seems to me that homemade cheese would be more period anyway,
like homemade bread. Also, lactaid milk tastes the same as regular milk to
me so maybe using lactaid milk wouldn't affect the cheese's taste, but have
the advantage of being edible to lactose-intolerant cheese lovers (are there
any on this list or that you know of?) who normally can't eat cheese for
that
reason.

snip
Yours In Service,

Inga Guthbrandsdottir

I should not eat cheese but do on occasion and pay for it. I would love to
find some that does not give me problems. Margarite