[Sca-cooks] period cheeses

Linda M. Kalb lmkalb at mail.med.upenn.edu
Fri Jul 20 11:07:30 PDT 2001

At 01:49 PM 7/20/01, you wrote:

>I should not eat cheese but do on occasion and pay for it. I would love to
>find some that does not give me problems. Margarite

Margarite,

Are you lactose-intolerant or do you have a dairy allergy?  If you can
drink lactaid milk without a problem, you are probably
lactose-intolerant.  Otherwise, it's something else, like a food allergy to
dairy.  I saw a commercial recently for a product people could take with or
right before eating dairy products if they normally had a problem, so I'm
guessing it's something that breaks down lactose for you (like taking
Bean-o before eating beans).

Inga Guthbrandsdottir