[Sca-cooks] Kitchens

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Fri Jul 20 15:28:57 PDT 2001

Actually, I've cooked in that kitchen...it's at Camp Brown in the Barony
of Dun Carraig.  I'll see if I can find a picture of it.  It has a
separate area for each part of preparation and cleanup...one for cooking
(stovetops (5 commercian with hoods/fans), ovens (6), sinks (2),
counters), one for prep (lots of room for lots of tables for folks to
work on and a sink for washing), two walk-in coolers and a walk-in
freezer, an area for serving (counters, warming ovens, a LARGE
pass-through window to the feast hall), and an area for cleanup (large
double sink with disposal, dishwasher and rack for drying dishes).  It
also includes two large ice machines, an industrial-size mixer and loads
of pots, pans, bowls and utensils that we are free to use!  The only
thing it was missing was adequate electrical outlets in the food prep
area.

The other problem is that the site cost $5,000 for Memorial Day Weekend,
which is a bit steep for most events.

Kiri