[Sca-cooks] Market at pennsic (was: Kitchens)

Philip Lewis flip+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Jul 24 11:43:22 PDT 2001

"Pixel, Queen of Cats" <pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com> writes:
>Kitchens? Pfth. What I want is a market at Pennsic,

I've been thinking that for a couple years now.
There are some largish lots and more grassland around pennsic.
Who should we talk to about getting a market...
New Castle chamber of commerce? Agriculture extention office?

Anyone have any idea?

I realize it's right on a busy highway, but it's still within walking
distance.

>selling fresh veggies (period only) and bread and meat. But I'd make
>allowances for sweet corn. ;-)

As far as only period veggies go... if they've imported some strange
fruits from the new world... i don't have to buy them if i don't want
to buy them. :)

Is the pennsic bakery still in operation?

As far as meat goes... well that's a different story.  much more
difficult to keep at safe temps if not preserved.... unless of course
they are live.. ;)

flip