[Sca-cooks] Kitchens

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Mon Jul 23 10:12:08 PDT 2001

I understand what you are saying.  However, given the givens, that's
probably the only way you can get what you want.  And even then, finding
some of the stuff you listed in your previous post would be difficult...I
can't even find bitter oranges here at home!  I seriously doubt that,
between the regulations of the Pa. Dept of whatever would handle this and
the Coopers, having the market you suggest would be a viable thing to do.

What I would suggest is that you contact Cariadoc's lady (having a senior
moment...can't remember names....) who wrote an article on camping without
a cooler.  It contained, as I recall, a number of recipes for medieval
foods that can be prepared with stuff that doesn't have to be kept in a
cooler.

Kiri