[Sca-cooks] 'A cooked dish of lentils'

Gwynydd Of Culloden gwynydd_of_culloden at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 24 12:22:08 PDT 2001

While I haven't read the recipe, I would think that not soaking the lentils
is quite reasonable.  I often cook using brown lentils and I have never
soaked them.  They are usually done in about 30 - 45 minutes (just
guessing - I don't normally time them.  They are done when they are done
*smile*).  This is one of the glories of brown lentils.  One can decide to
do, say, a pasta sauce using them and it is done in less than an hour.  Red
lentils cook even faster but I find they tend towards mushiness and I prefer
the brown ones which keep their shape better.

Gwynydd of Culloden