[Sca-cooks] Mattress sacks for Pennsic

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Wed Jul 25 05:44:08 PDT 2001

In a message dated 7/24/2001 10:38:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Alban at socket.net writes:

> By the way, bringing it back vaguely toward food stuff: does anyone have
> any experience at using filters (Brita or one of its clones) for the Pennsic
> tap water? Do they work well? Do they work at all?

A new Brita filter will usually make it through Pennsic, but the two weeks
will totally kill it....We used a Brita pitcher in camp one year.  For a few
people they work fine; for more than about 5 you cannot keep enough water
filtered in a timely manner to be practical.  The pitchers are just too small.

Brangwayna Morgan