[Sca-cooks] Mattress sacks for Pennsic

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Wed Jul 25 05:44:10 PDT 2001

In a message dated 7/25/2001 12:31:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
dminmin at hotmail.com writes:

> The household I cmp with uses 4 household filters in line They're changed
> once a day we still don't drink it or cook with it.  It's still Orange.

Obviously YMMV.  I've been cooking with Pennsic water for 12 years without a
problem.  It's only orange if you let it sit so the iron in it oxidizes.  Get
it fresh out of the tap and use it!  For that matter, even though my camp
puts  bottled water in the jugs, I have no problem drinking camp water when
out on the battle field or elsewhere.  It has never bothered me, and for the
first five years I never even used bottled water.
I know some people get the runs or the opposite effect from it, because of
the mineral content.  All I'm saying is that it doesn't bother me, and I get
sick of people saying that the water is "unusable".  It's not unusable; if
you choose not to use it, it's an esthetic thing, not a "because we can't"
thing.
On the other hand, people choosing not to use it cuts down on the strain on
the wells, which is a good thing, and tends to keep it better for  those of
us who do use it.  So go ahead and buy water.

Brangwayna Morgan