[Sca-cooks] Mattress sacks for Pennsic

Ted Eisenstein Alban at socket.net
Wed Jul 25 07:37:04 PDT 2001

>Obviously YMMV.  I've been cooking with Pennsic water for 12 years without a
>problem.  It's only orange if you let it sit so the iron in it oxidizes.  Get
>it fresh out of the tap and use it!
For my purposes, getting a gallon or two and then using it for several
days is preferable. I need only go to the tap infrequently then. . . And I don't
drink it; I use it for morning Tea of Power (English Breakfast, brewed 10
minutes. . . )(Well, Alban, why not go to the tap every day? Because I
make my tea after opening up shop, and leaving it is not an option.)
I do so hate a strong weird color to my tea, and having all that iron in
it does strange things to the taste.

>For that matter, even though my camp
>puts  bottled water in the jugs, I have no problem drinking camp water when
>out on the battle field or elsewhere.  It has never bothered me, and for the
>first five years I never even used bottled water.
It's never bothered my intestinal system, but it can affect taste.

Alban