[Sca-cooks] Re: Curry spices & rancid meat

ruadh ruadh at home.com
Wed Jul 25 10:36:13 PDT 2001

in the back-woods ... honey is an anti bacterial and anti fungal dressing
for wounds. Could be why its also called a glaze for coating ham and other
meats left out to "cure".  The [excessive?] spicing could be done before the
cooking, while seasoning/curing.  Then when cooking... little is needed or
added. This is what my grand-paw did to reduce the number and weight of
things to transport to his lumber camps. Good Meat, but ready for the fire.
Ru